It’s not just a snowglobe, it is a glimpse to a land very different to our own. Wrapping themselves up in their red snow gear your child is looking at the icy mountain in front of them. Behind them, they can see the iconic Apple Huts they will be staying in once they have observed the Emperor Penguin colony nearby. Adjusting their equipment on their back, they start walking towards the sound of the penguins as a light shower of snow dusts their shoulders…..
The Mini-Freeze box features four great activities for kids:
- Make you own snowglobe
- Make a glittery snowflake (includes a brooch pin too!)
- Make a Emperor penguin finger puppet family
- Make a reusable Antarctica wildlife stamp
This Antarctica for kids box also includes:
- An interview with an Australian who has worked in Antarctica
- Kids can write in and ask our experts more questions if they wish (and get them answered!)
- Facts about our frozen neighbour
- Discover the wide variety of jobs available in the Australian Antarctic Division.